Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 316i lotso f things to fix but hwats making the noise

Options
  • 02-12-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ok, put bmw in for service, its a 1999 316i touring..
    The list of things tro do are long, started by getting brake hoses, had to replace the back box and front right wisbone is getting done tomorrow..

The list of other jobs include.. both front and rear shocks, two rear axle bushingg, tracking, rear brake hoses...

There is a humming noise when your driving the car, what do ye think this is, can only get bits done as and when can afford over the next weeks, but what would be the most important after the wishbone (maybe the bushings I am thinking)

I dont have a clue to be honest, nightmare big bill before xmas... can anyyone tell me exactly what bushings are.. doh x I am embarrased asking this lol, I love my car loads xxx

sorry about typing errors i amnt right in the head today x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

louisa200 wrote: »
    Ok, put bmw in for service, its a 1999 316i touring..
    The list of things tro do are long, started by getting brake hoses, had to replace the back box and front right wisbone is getting done tomorrow..

The list of other jobs include.. both front and rear shocks, two rear axle bushingg, tracking, rear brake hoses...

There is a humming noise when your driving the car, what do ye think this is, can only get bits done as and when can afford over the next weeks, but what would be the most important after the wishbone (maybe the bushings I am thinking)

I dont have a clue to be honest, nightmare big bill before xmas... can anyyone tell me exactly what bushings are.. doh x I am embarrased asking this lol, I love my car loads xxx

sorry about typing errors i amnt right in the head today x

The humming noise is probably caused by the Tracking being off and the bushings .. jesus christ it must drive like a right donkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭louisa200

lol it does at the minute but slowly getting it sorted x cheers for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 baldoyleautos

If all the parts that are listed are badly gone it is important that they are all replaced as all the faults you have listed will cause poor handling and excessive tyre ware. If you have a humming noise in your car it sounds like you might have a wheel bearing fault. get the lads to check for wheel bearing play or noise when they have it in the workshop

Bushings are part of the suspension system

Advertisement