Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap replacement Car Stereo and fitting - recommendations ?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    Looking to get the CD player replaced in my wifes Nissa Micra (2003 model - I thinks it's known as the K12). This type ....
    P1000209.JPG

Our youngest put coins in the CD slot of the current unit so thats that b**llocksed ..

I looked up how to change the headunit in one of these Micra's and it's looks like a lot of work for a novice ...
    http://www.micra.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-449-p-2.html

So can anybody recommend (or has dealt with) a place that will supply and fit (fairly cheaply) a basic CD Player / Radio unit into one of these Micra's ...Dublin / Kildare area ? Im thinking Halfords ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

breakers - replacement stereo - plug and play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

RayCon wrote: »
    Our youngest put coins in the CD slot of the current unit so thats that b**llocksed ..

Are you sure it's broken? If you take it apart and remove the coins it might be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Think Halfords will fit the radio if you buy it there, always found them a little expensive though (for their radio's that is think their fitting charge is reasonable enough), there's one at both liffey valley and blancherdstown shopping centres if you want to price one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Priced a bog standard CD Player / Radio with Halfords ... €59.99 + Free Fitting ... although the guy on the phone said I will also need some ISO Cable thing cos the unit coming out of the Micra is a Nissan Factory Fitted one with Nissan wiring , and he said I might also need some sort of Facia Adapter .. Ive a feeling €59.99 is going to work out a lot more !

Tigger wrote: »
    breakers - replacement stereo - plug and play

Doesn't help with the removal and fitting problem ... thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not a problem if you're handy around cars.
    If not, take it to Halfords and pay the price for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

RayCon wrote: »
    Priced a bog standard CD Player / Radio with Halfords ... €59.99 + Free Fitting ... although the guy on the phone said I will also need some ISO Cable thing cos the unit coming out of the Micra is a Nissan Factory Fitted one with Nissan wiring , and he said I might also need some sort of Facia Adapter .. Ive a feeling €59.99 is going to work out a lot more !

Think it costs between €10 and €20 for the cable he is on about, you could probably get away without the facia adapter!

Thanks Fonda .... rang the guy back - the cable will cost €22 ... the facia - he doesn't know until he has a look - might not need one afterall ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Magnus wrote: »
    It's not a problem if you're handy around cars.
    If not, take it to Halfords and pay the price for peace of mind.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I just bought a thing on ebay that plugs into ciggy lighter socket, you can plug in an SD card or USB stick and play MP3's, transmitted by FM to car radio, about 7 euro including a remote control

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Don't take it to Halfords.

I made that mistake with a car kit. Long story short yer man fceked off home without finishing it, they destroyed my dash and which meant dealer repairs to put right.

Advertisement