Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson 20

Options
  • 02-12-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi lads
    I started on trying to get the ferguson 20 running on the farm today. After a morning of cleaning fuel lines and bleeding she reluctingly fired up after a good 10 year break.
    I only wanted to see if I could get it to start for today and turn over cause there is no water in the rad. There is an open hole on the side of the block just above the starter.. Im guessing this is a frost plug or something?? I need to plug that up and fill up the rad before doing anymore with it now that it starts. Where can I get a plug for it and what is the proper term for the plug??
    Cheers again lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The proper term is frost plug or core plug.

Some autofactors should have them, go to one that has been open a long time, they might have them on a dusty shelf somewhere.

I know we have a handful of them in the stores in my garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

Excellent
    I will have a look this afternoon. Is it just a matter of banging it in?? Excuse my ignorance I am only learning (and having great fun doing so)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

TBH, i don't ever remember fitting one.

Make sure the block is very clean and dust free, put a little bit of gasket sealant on the plug and tap it in. Maybe get a socket that just fits it and use this to put it in to save damaging it

Thanks again dude.. your top man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

If u get a vernier calipers and measure the hole most autofactors would prob have one, the chances of the rad holdiing water after 10 yrs could b suspect though, give it a good flushing out first and u could be lucky always remember on first start up with water to leave the rad cap off !!

• Advertisement

Took pics of some of the relics around the yard today and thought i would pop them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

She doesnt look bad for a yoke thats been sitting up for 10 years!

Advertisement