Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas day dinner in Mayrhofen!!!

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone recommend any nice hotels for dinner on Christmas day in Mayrhofen?

we booked a b&b package as its nicer to try places rather then eat in the same place everyday but I'm sorta worried about Christmas day...I'm thinking most places will be closed except for hotels.

So if any one can recommend a hotel for dinner I'd much appreciate it cause I'd prefer to book before going over!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Can't recommend anywhere, sorry.

But remember, the Austrians celebrate Christmas on the 24th, not the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

6 Best hotels in Mayrhofen are below. I know the Nehaus and the rose both do Christmas Dinners on the 25th for visitors.

Nehaus, Rose and Strass from personal experience do great food.

The St George has an incredible rep aswell but have never been inside the door of the place friend reccomended it.

Nehaus,
    St George
    Rose
    Strauss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The Michelin Guides answers to places in Mayrhofen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

juke wrote: »
    Can't recommend anywhere, sorry.

But remember, the Austrians celebrate Christmas on the 24th, not the 25th.

Oh I didnt know that....so the slopes will be pretty empty that day??? and christmas day from the hangovers!!! :D:D:D Thanks!!!

Thanks Olaola...and Fattes I knew you'd have something to say!!! (didnt include that in the mail tho did you? :P)

Oh I didnt know that....so the slopes will be pretty empty that day??? and christmas day from the hangovers!!! :D:D:D Thanks!!!

Thanks Olaola...and Fattes I knew you'd have something to say!!! (didnt include that in the mail tho did you? :P)

Slopes will be usual until about 3.

Where we go lifts close an hour early. We go half board and the Christmas evening kicks off at at about 6.30 in hotel - and it's fab :)

And yes - Christmas day for hangover before flying home Stephen's day :D

• Advertisement

Luckly when skiing I dont get hangovers...i was talking bout the locals!!! they'll all be hungover christmas day so hopefully not so many of them around the slopes for our last day of skiing!!! :D

Luckly when skiing I dont get hangovers:D

Neither do I...'tis the the drinking that does it :P

Hope you enjoy. Will be or 3rd Christmas in Austria. I think it's magical.

It'll be our 1st...fist time I wont be with the family for dinner as well!!! ah well...think 20years of them is enough!!! lol hope you enjoy too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I_luv_2_ski!You never asked about Christmas Dinner:p Any way think the mail was big enough as it was ha ha

Will talk to you in person whenever I see you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

There is a great place at the top of the town - go across the river at the top by the Schussel Alm and its up beyond there. I cant remember the name of it but it is owned by the same family who run the Elisabeth hotel. Its a really traditional restaurant. If you ask in the tourist info I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

There is also another nice place called Edelweiss which is next to the concert stage in town.

• Advertisement

Fattes wrote: »
    Any way think the mail was big enough as it was ha ha

this is true...i havent read it all yet but i will before i go and i emailed the place for ski hire!!! i really do appreciate it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

I_luv_2_ski.
    Will you let me know how you got on in Maryhofen as there is 16 of us heading there on Jan 16th and dont know anyone who has been there so i would be interested in what you though of the skiing and night life

Cheers

Derek

Fattes wrote: »
    I_luv_2_ski! Will talk to you in person whenever I see you :D

prob wont be up in the club till thurs...study is taking over my life at them moment...think my dads gonna cum 2...and hoping to get up on the 18th with a group of scouts for our end of year activity...organising it atm!!! :D

Advertisement