Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blowers/ventiltion problem

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have an 06 Nissan Navara and this week the ventialtion system seems to have packed in. No matter how high a setting they are put on next to nothing comes out. This is giving me heaps of problems in the mornings with foggy windows and to be honest when a bit of frost was developing on the windscreen on Mon night it was getting dangerous.

1st thing I did was check the fuses and clear the air intakes. All OK. I took it to my local Nissan dealer yesterday who can't fit me in til next week to have a look at it. I was told that if the fan motor was gone it would cost around €850 to supply and fit it! I honestly thought he was winding me up but he didn't start laughing! I was sure this would be something simple.

I don't for one second think it could cost that much. Any ideas what the problem is? Or can anyone reccommend a place I could go to on the Northside to get it checked out?

All help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Haver you checked the Pollen filter? It may be worth having a look at that before looking at new fans/rheostats.
    Does the fan work? ie when you turn the fan on at different speeds can you hear it turning/trying to turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Haver you checked the Pollen filter? It may be worth having a look at that before looking at new fans/rheostats.
    Does the fan work? ie when you turn the fan on at different speeds can you hear it turning/trying to turn?

You can hear it slightly but it doesn't get any louder when you turn it up....I'll check it out but I would have thought that getting clogged up would gradually reduce the flow of air, not just cut it off one freezing morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

golfman wrote: »
    You can hear it slightly but it doesn't get any louder when you turn it up....I'll check it out but I would have thought that getting clogged up would gradually reduce the flow of air, not just cut it off one freezing morning!
    Sounds like rheostat.Check the filter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Cheers for that.

Can anyone reccommend someone on the northside that could take a look at it and not try and rip me off? I'm in Artane.

Advertisement