Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for 4yr old girl

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Havent a clue what to buy my niece for Christmas, what do girls of that age play with? what is the big toy this year?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Dora is good as is my little pony

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

4 is difficult,
    They're kind of growing out of a lot of stuff but are too small for the High Schol Musical etc stuff.
    Dora is a good idea, yeah. Also why not look at those MB games, like Elefun, Kerplunk, Twister etc.. Kids of all ages love those and adults can play with them if there are no other kiddies around.

Just a thought:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A small jigsaw might do the trick too. You'll have to help her first time round, and the smile when she's finished it is priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

My 4 year old niece is looking for anything pink/purple :)
    I took her to Smyths recently and she loved the Fur Real pets http://www.hasbro.com/furreal/en_US/
    You can get small versions of puppies, kittens, piglets,guinea pigs etc for about €20
    Go Go Hamsters are in HUGE demand this year
    http://www.gogohamsters.org.uk/
    Can you get something to go with whatever Santa is bringing. For example,he is bringing a lot of dolls houses this year so you could buy furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Go up to Hamleys. Anything thats pink & sparkly will do just the trick.

Or IKEA do a gorgeous kids mirror range - My sister bought my daughter a beautifeul Hanzel & gretle style mirror with door that open & close. Just perfect & she loves it. & its not just another toy tossed away after christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Does anyone have any idea of any nice books that would go down well with a four year old girl. Maybe some novelty types, or popup or something.

I'm buying for the four year old who has literally everything, tearing my hair out. Haven't seen many book lying around though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

chocgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of any nice books that would go down well with a four year old girl. Maybe some novelty types, or popup or something.

I'm buying for the four year old who has literally everything, tearing my hair out. Haven't seen many book lying around though:rolleyes:

Any books by Julia Donaldson, but I reccomend that you start with "The Gruffalo".
    The books are excellent, Timeless! Guarentee she will love them and read them again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh Timmy Time is great...They have a lovely Timmy in Smyths that snores and snuggles man he is adorable...I am thinking of getting my nephew one I am just afriad that I will take it back from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Jeege wrote: »
    Any books by Julia Donaldson, but I reccomend that you start with "The Gruffalo".
    The books are excellent, Timeless! Guarentee she will love them and read them again and again

Great, thanks a mil, I'll try that, so difficult to know what to go for!

Advertisement