Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Broadband Solutions Kildare

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

My broadband from QBS in Kildare has been down for a few days. Can't get them on the phone and the website is gone. Does anyone know if they're still in business?

Saabdub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

Thanks, is a source for official info on them, I need to cancel a standing order and stuff.

Saabdub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

See if Ripplecom are acquiring them , they are consolidating a number of WISPs right now .

Callidus Omnitel and Amocom became ripplecom in the last few months together with a few other fragments I understand.

http://www.ripplecom.net/media.php?item=2&full=y

Thanks, I rang Ripple, they haven't acquired Quantum. They're only offering a new package, 12 month contract with new hardware and installation costs. Back to square one I guess.

Saabdub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Qbsl have ceased trading, I spoke to the MD only a week ago and confirmed the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sunnybear

anybody have any more word on what happended? i have broadband with this company and just paid a bill for two months broadband that im not going to get. would anyone recommend another company that would provide me with broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mcstar

Hi Guys,

This service has been turned back on for a month’s trial for a new owner. Someone should be in contact with the customer base soon to discuss

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carolc

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this was turned back on today as I had no idea how it suddenly started to work again, does anyone have contact details for the new company that took over as I need to get an outgoing mail server address before I can send emails now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C.

Sorry outgoing mail blocked for the moment should know more early next week

I still don't have any coverage. Hopefully something will be sorted out.

Saabdub

• Advertisement

Hi Saabdub,

Try a reboot of the equipment

No luck.

Saabdub

If i find out who took them over i'll let you know

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roadsafety.ie

Dear Customer,

The board of QBSL regrets to inform you that as of October 8th 2009 the company considers itself to be insolvent,
    therefore we are unable to accurately predict at this time exactly how long our service will continue.
    We do not have any technical or customer support available at this time as we have terminated all employees.
    There will be no further DD collections made from any customer account. The board firmly believed that the Company was about to be sold to
    a larger player in the market place but unfortunately this situation collapsed at the eleventh hour.
    We sincerely thank you for your custom and trust we provided you with a useful service over the past few years.
    At this point our service should stay live to the end of October but this is not guaranteed.

Your sincerely

The Board of Directors
    Quantum Broadband Solutions Ltd.

This is the email I recieved from QBSL on 11 October 2009 19:52:20.

I was gutted when I read this and tried to rack up as much time on xbox live as I could before it went:), as this is my only option for broadband. Even my mobile broadband reception for all networks is crap and unstable:(.

I was glad to see that contrary to what it said in their email my service was present until wednesday this week. And even though I knew it was coming for over a month and a half that didn't stop me doing constant resets, hoping for some reason it would come back on, including today! thought I was cracking up when i saw that wonderful little globe on the bottom right corner of my laptop screen:P.

I hope the new owners see fit to keep my service running.

Thanks Mcstar for sharing that info!

FYI i'm on the Athgoe Hill transmitter...

Cheers, MJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roadsafety.ie

The Following is an email I recieved From Joe Curtis of QBSL tonight at 10:00pm:

I have been approached by Ninetreehill Broadband (NTH) which is interested in providing you with Broadband. As a result of this discussion NTH has re-enabled the network for a period of 2 weeks in order to measure the level of interest in their service. Based on a satisfactory response from customers NTH will provide a continued service with no installation fee, at the same price and service level you enjoyed from QBSL.

NTH plans to increase bandwidth in the coming months without any price increase. I strongly recommend that you sign up with this company for several reasons; NTH will provide you with an immediate fix; NTH will remove the inconvenience of cost and removal/re-installation; NTH will provide a solid service over a robust network.
    It is important that you respond to this release at your earliest convenience as NTH wish to continue service to you over the Christmas period and beyond.

To avail of this opportunity please reply by e-mail to switch@ninetreehill.net and also sign and complete the attached NTH contract and direct debit mandate Form and return to

Ninetreehill Broadband Ltd.
    Moone
    Timolin
    Co. Kildare
    as soon as possible. Your reply and completed documents must be received not later than December 18th 2009.

Yours sincerely

Joe Curtis

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

The price they charge is way over the top
    I also received the mail in Oct and switched supplier immediately
    We had paid up front for another 2 months and the said Joe Curtis totally ignored all our attempts to contact him regarding same
    Then last night sends that e-mail "highly recommending" us to switch to NineTreeHill......

Un real in my opinion

I really hope those of you find another supplier adn don't give him the business. My new supplier is half the price his service was and is far faster also

I also bet he is involved or owns NineTreeHIll - there is no contact no on their web site page ....

Advertisement