Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall Road Closure!

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

A section of the East Wall Road (outside the Point Theatre) was closed this morning causing mayhem - can anyone explain why - there was nothing about it on the RTE!

I use this road regularly and there's usually no traffic problems there - this morning, traffic was backed up to the Port Entrance!

Regards!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

a truck broke down outside the 02, fcuking counrty a minor breakdown or accident and its disaster time

I know because I checked the AA roadwatch website while I was stuck sitting on the 33x for about an hour :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

A truck broke down outside the 02, fcuking counrty,a minor breakdown or accident and its disaster time

Ain`t that the truth Auvers.....Nobody appears to ask the question WHY,after spending untold gazillion € on the Port Access Tunnel and the complimentary O2 project,nobody felt it necesary or even worthwhile to re-engineer that wee spot at the end of the North Wall.

Regular users will know hust how Dickensian the place really is with exposed Railway Track,Cobblestones and the ever present gaping potholes...

PLEA TO MOTORISTS : IF you have a Motorcyclist in front of you on this lethal roundabout PLEASE allow them enough space to fall off in safety.

No matter how many Motorways,By-Passes or Flyovers we can devise or construct,our native ignorance will always be proudly displayed at locations such as the O2 roundabout or the many locations that repeatedly feature in fatal accident reports. :mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

The truck was actually jacknifed, it must have tried to do a complete loop of the roundabout, it took them the best part of two hours to clear it in the end.

Advertisement