Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 325ci options.....?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im pretty close to buying one of the following:

2003 325ci Steptronic from BMW dealer with 2 years NON BMW warranty 70k
    2004 325ci Sequential manual autoclutch 90k 1 year FBMW warranty
    2004 325ci Steptronic from non BMW dealer 1 year non BMW warranty 75k

There is very little in the price between them all and they are all trisked out to the max.

Just looking at some feedback on choosing between the 3.

I have owned a Step 320ci but dont know what a SM will be like. I have not driven it yet, are the transmissions likely to be troublesome feckers, reliable ? Good ? can they drive in an Auto mode as per a Step ? What are the paddles like ??

Also how important would the warranty be ? Do cars sold without the FBMW cover not get the same pre sales checks as ones with warranty ?

cheers for any advice,just worried as the 1st BM I bough a few years ago ( private ) was a disaster and cost me a fortune,however my 2nd thriugh main dealer was an absolute pleasure.

thanks
    DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

.............Also how important would the warranty be ? Do cars sold without the FBMW cover not get the same pre sales checks as ones with warranty ?..............

That would really depend on the dealer - if they're honest, the pre-sales checks for BMW and non-BMW approved cars would be the same, just less paperwork.

The transmission choice is entirely up to you (I'd prefer an auto to SMG myself, but that's me!) If the car has SMG2, and I'm sure it has if it's an e46, then it should be relatively trouble-free. The SMG systems on the E36 were supposed to be very troublesome - massive improvements were made for the E46.

Best of luck!

Advertisement