Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope Recomendations 'Orion Optics' ?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

I have agreed to buy a telescope off a chap on line, can anyone tell me if this make is any good?? Orion Optics 8" (200mm) Newtonian

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=144105&cat=all

That is the link to the web page.

Any help is greatfully recieved!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

emobama wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have agreed to buy a telescope off a chap on line, can anyone tell me if this make is any good?? Orion Optics 8" (200mm) Newtonian

Am surprised nobodys made a comment emobama :eek:
    My only concern would be the wooden mount , it is stable ???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 premiercounty

I think the scope itself is pretty good

How much you pay for it (if you can tell that is)

I would be happy enough with the timber tripod stability wise as long as it is in good nick and has been treated (varnished etc with no woodworm or damp) well.

The connection bolts from the legs to the body would want to be nice and snug and not moving about in the holes drilled thru the timber.

I think the scope itself is pretty good

How much you pay for it (if you can tell that is)

I would be happy enough with the timber tripod stability wise as long as it is in good nick and has been treated (varnished etc with no woodworm or damp) well.

The connection bolts from the legs to the body would want to be nice and snug and not moving about in the holes drilled thru the timber.

Hiya premiercounty , i think emobama was to go get the scope this week .Orion Optics are very good , yes re what you said above , cant imagine Orion selling scopes with bad mounts , but if after a bit of wear and tear the legs start to loosen etc :eek: , thats why i told emobama to ask if anyone who had a similar mount did it give any bother ?

emobama wrote: »
    Hi all,

Glad you bought it emobama LOL , now do as the OH says and put it under the tree till xmas day ...................> bet you cant :D hehehe

Advertisement