Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

drivers manual for 2001 toyota celica

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine was driving to work this morning in his 2001 Toyota Celica and a light came up on the dashboard. He has no drivers manual so isn't sure what it means, its an amber light that he think looks like an engine but he isn't sure. Can anyone send me on a link to a manual or something explaining the dash lights as I can't find one and he wants to have an idea before he goes to the garage with it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I can check on my lunch break at 12 and get back to ya about 1 o clock, have the same year Celica and the manual is at home, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

that would be excellent cheers, its just so he knows in advance whats going on before he gets to a garage with it

No problem, I will post sometime after 1 anyway, if anybody else has the information available feel free to try and help the OP with his question.

From what I can see on the manual its an " indication light" which goes on to say its a service light and bring it to the Toyota dealer, I have never had this light come on, but its explained on page 91 of the manual so I guess the car needs a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

gavredking wrote: »
    From what I can see on the manual its an " indication light" which goes on to say its a service light and bring it to the Toyota dealer, I have never had this light come on, but its explained on page 91 of the manual so I guess the car needs a service.
    Nope, it's not a routine light, it means that there's a problem being reported by some sensor somewhere, so you need to get it diagnosed somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 baldoyleautos

jrochie wrote: »
    Hi guys,

A buddy of mine was driving to work this morning in his 2001 Toyota Celica and a light came up on the dashboard. He has no drivers manual so isn't sure what it means, its an amber light that he think looks like an engine but he isn't sure. Can anyone send me on a link to a manual or something explaining the dash lights as I can't find one and he wants to have an idea before he goes to the garage with it.

Thanks

If you type in toyota warning lights on google you should be able to find it in there somewhere or if he looks in the handbook of any car made after 1998 he should be able to match it as most manufacturers use the same symbols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Is it the 140 or 190bhp model?

Advertisement