Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Repair - Head Gasket

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Brough my car to get it serviced the other day as it wasn't feeling right, they tell me they can't service it because the head gasket is gone and I need to get it fixed. It's an Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 T-Spark. I called one garage and I've been quoted €1,200-€1,800 depending on the timing belt...is this about right? I've been looking online at the parts prices and they seems to be very small compared to the overall price?

Any ideas or garage recommendations?

Fusion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I take it you're in Dublin? If so, give Gerry at TI Autos a call. Ph: 01 8386567. If I still had an Alfa I wouldn't take it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Cheers for that man, gave him a call and he said it's unlikely it's the gasket that's gone. Dropping it out there later this afternoon to take a look.

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Anan1 wrote: »
    I take it you're in Dublin? If so, give Gerry at TI Autos a call. Ph: 01 8386567. If I still had an Alfa I wouldn't take it anywhere else.

I agree 100%. Gerry has been looking after my 147 for the last 3/4 years. Wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

Advertisement