Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Outlander

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one of these - they seem to be well discounted for 2010.
    Anyone here have one or driven one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

gyppo wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these - they seem to be well discounted for 2010.
    Anyone here have one or driven one?

Thanks

Had a commercial demo for a week from Mitsubishi. It's reasonably comfortable on Motorways, not too bad around town either.

The VW 2.0Tdi (PD) engine is powerful enough for the vehicle without setting the world on fire.

I had the top spec one with Nav, Leather and Bluetooth - but no steering wheel controls for the radio! Specfication levels are quite high, but the interior is a bit drab tbh.

It doesn't handle as well as a car due to the higher centre of gravity, and it's FWD as standard with transfer to the rear wheels when required - unless you switch it to full time 4x4. I can't imagine it's anywhere near as capable off the road as a Pajero, but most are unlikely to venture that far anyway.

It was fine for a week as it was free, but it seems to be neither a car nor an off roader and has all the bad points of both. I was dissapointed compared to my old Pajero Sport (could slide the rear around roundabouts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

My wife has had one since 07 - she is delighted with it. She went for the mid-range intense option - no leather or satnav but cruise control, steering wheel mounted controls etc. She fills the tank for €55 and gets 850klms from the tank.

Servicing is very reasonable and so far she has over 100,000kms up with no problems. We recently took four adults, an infant in a car seat, 5 suitcases, 4 hand luggage cases a buggy and a travel cot from mayo to dublin airport and back with no problems on less than half a tank.

It also has 2 fold out seats in the boot (though these are for kids or short journeys only. The interior is a bit plasticky and the radio display is a bitch to see in the sunlight but the option of 4wd is great for where we live if the roads get bad. The engine is a bit throaty and power delivery comes in a lump at 2000rpm but all in all, I would heartily recommend one.

On the reliability side, I should mention that the warning light for the ESC came on and it turned out to be a problem with the ABS pump - the part alone was €1500 but it was covered under warranty and the car was driveable for the whole time so it wasn't an issue but the fault happened 90,000 kms into the 100,000 warranty - may be worth checking to see if it has been reported elsewhere of if it was a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Thanks for the replies lads.
    They are priced now at 26,500, which seems to be good value.
    I'm going to have a think about it.

Advertisement