Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to get NCT but have no TAX/Insurance??

Options
  • 02-12-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to get my car to NCT'd to have any hope in selling it. On the RF100A form there is spaces for Certificate of Road worthiness and Insurance details. Do I need these to get it taxed. I'm going to get it signed by the garda to say it's been off the road.

My plan was to drive to the tax office (in my current car) and tax the old car. Then transfer my insurance over to the old car and bring it for the test. Looks like this aint going to happen if I don't have the old car tested and insured first?

Any ideas? Am I snookered? Would prefer to stick to law (ish)

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement