Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Jazz

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭

The female parental unit is looking for a new (to her) motor and I've been recommending the Jazz based on press reviews, reliability surveys and the sheer practicality of the fold flat seating arrangement. She doesn't want to spend any more that €4500 but the prices on donedeal, carzone and carsireland seem very strong to say the least.
    Are they as good as they say? And will, for example an '02 or '03 hold up for the next six or seven years with an average mileage of 12,000 p.a if the hypothetical purchase already has in the region of 75,000 miles on the clock?
    Or should I just go to the UK and bring in a cheaper lower mileage example and mores to the point can they be found there? I've looked online but the prices seem very high everywhere although if I spent £3000 in the UK I'm not sure how much the VRT would be.
    Sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Honda Jazz is not a big volume seller here, used examples hold their value very well and don't stay on forecourts very long. Given that a new model has just been launched I would expent resale values of the old model to start falling. UK might be an option but they keep their value pretty well over there too so add VRT, travel costs, etc and you might not be saving a whole lot.

Advertisement