Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES Super Wild Card

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi

Have just stumbled across one of these for sale and done a bit of investigation. Even though i am quite against pirated games I though this was definately something for a collector!! I am guessing they are quite rare

Does anyone else have one or know a bit more info on it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you want to use it for playing games then there are other devices that far surpass it.

However, as a curiosity in itself/coversation piece it's worth picking up. Wouldn't mind one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Thinking the same thing........... It is boxed and £30. Might make an interesting addition to the collection

Can you even get floppy disks to use in it any more??

Master of the Universe

They just take standard 3.5 inch floppes don't they?

That's a really good price. Any copier drives like that over on consolegoods.co.uk are around the £50 mark -

http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

I doubt they're boxed too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's certainly an unusual piece of kit to have, but like my GBA SDcard player thingy, they are destined to be out dated curios and nothing more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've seen one of these inaction a long time ago in the North Star hotel. So basically this allows you to save to a floppy or if you have a zip drive or HD attached, to save the entire game to another cart?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

LoGiE wrote: »
    I've seen one of these inaction a long time ago in the North Star hotel. So basically this allows you to save to a floppy or if you have a zip drive or HD attached, to save the entire game to another cart?

Yeah it alows you to save a game to a floppy and then use the floppy to play it in future. Or back it up to your PC. Think old it as an timey way of getting romz.

Can't use it to save another game to a cart though. (If only! You could make some very fast, cheap repros and sell them for a fortune!) To put any game in a normal cart you'd have to write it to some new eeproms and solder them to the motherboard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ah thanks for the info! You have to wonder how many of these made it to Ireland. I think most people here like slobbering over there original carts anyway :D

Master of the Universe

I wouldn't imagine very many made it to these shores. It's something I've never seen in person. Would be nice to have just for backing up your old cart saves actually! before the batteries die and the saves you made when you were 8 years old vanish forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I have one in a box in my attic, it is with a famicom and some other bits incl a bomberman supertap!

Anyone wanna buy it will do a fair price*

(* am aware this might not be allowed but if folk wanna buy it why not?)

Master of the Universe

bigpoppa wrote: »
    I have one in a box in my attic, it is with a famicom and some other bits incl a bomberman supertap!

Anyone wanna buy it will do a fair price*

(* am aware this might not be allowed but if folk wanna buy it why not?)

pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement