Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone joined UPC in Malahide

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Some UPC Rep.visited me today promoting UPC broadband in Malahide. the 20 Mb looks tempting! (I did join them last year only for few days and cancelled during the cool-off period because I never got beyond 10Mb on a 20mb package and there was a lot of service interruption.)
    The Rep. claims that Malahide had a problem last year but this is 100% sorted now and he can give me his personal word that I will get the 20mb without interruption of service whatsoever
    Anyone joined UPC in Malahide recently,Any feed back?

oh forgot to say I'm currently with Eircom on 7Mb getting 5Mb ,but with no interruption of service for years

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've been with them for about 6 months. 20mb Internet has been solid but phone has given me trouble every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

LoGiE wrote: »
    I've been with them for about 6 months. 20mb Internet has been solid but phone has given me trouble every now and again.

Encouraging, anymore feedback will be appreciated

I tried to find what are the contract terms with UPC from their website,like is the contact for 6 months or a year and what if I want to cancel! what penalties if any ,but their website is basic.
    Any one know the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

how long has upc broadband been available in malahide?

What does switching from Eircom to UPC entail?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you dont switch , you simply cancel eircom if not still in a 12 month bundle or 6 month dsl initial minimum contract but AFTER UPC is switched on of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

how long does it take for upc to switch on your internet after filling out the online form?

how long has upc broadband been available in malahide?

What does switching from Eircom to UPC entail?

UPC are in Malahide for a year now but their service was miserable and the 20mb never gone beyond 10mb ,not to mention frequent outage and very very poor customer support,so I cancelled in the cool off period (within one week),but was hoping to hear that they have improved and their 20mb is solid as a rock now ,specially with all the hype about going to 120mb next year !
    I'd love to get real 20mb if they have improved !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kamin99 wrote: »
    I tried to find what are the contract terms with UPC from their website,like is the contact for 6 months or a year and what if I want to cancel! what penalties if any ,but their website is basic.
    Any one know the answer?

Well they have 22 pages of Terms and Conditions for you to 'peruse' before you sign up plus an acceptable usage policy.

http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/

Note too that they charge you €12.50 if you miss a direct debit and there are several unspecified charges which are you potentially liable for. They also contract themselves out of having any liability whatsoever.
    2.2 In supplying the Services we will always use our reasonable skill and care but are unable to guarantee fault free performance. The Services are provided on a best efforts basis and we do not warrant that any connection to, transmission over, or results of the
    Equipment or the Services will meet your requirements or will provide uninterrupted use
    or will operate as required or at any minimum speed, or error free.

We can not guarantee minimum bandwidth delivered to you and we can not guarantee that all data traffic can be transported complete and without delay. If a fault occurs you should notify us by contacting our customer management centre. If you are unable to access the Services, you remain liable to pay all Charges that would otherwise apply

Oh I See, they are still crab,not committing themselves to anything,hidden charges and so on ,better stay with eircom then

Advertisement