Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Female drivers, please read.

Options
  • 01-12-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I would like to point out something to female drivers everywhere.

When a motorcyclist is sticking to either the offside or nearside position when turning left or right, we do this to afford ourselves the best view of oncoming traffic.

This is, however, not permission for you to accelerate and over take us within the same lane during the turn.

Particularly in wet whether like today when I was on my way through the road from Blackpool to Ballyvolane (Or Ballyphehane, which ever it is) and some, no doubt lovely lady, who over-took me on (mostly) within my lane and narrowly avoiding my helmet with her side view mirror by no more than literally an inch while I was going at 30-35 MPH.

I have been riding my bike (second of two) for over a year and a half now and I have honestly lost count of the number impatient female drivers who do this. Even when we move to one side of the road in preparation for a turn to the left or right, over taking, particularly when the light ahead is not acceptable.

I am not saying men aren't bad drivers and that male drivers haven't driven right up alongside my bike when I'm to one side or another at a junction, waiting for the light to green, but to my memory, not once has a male driver over-taken me within a single lane on a turn.

Also, indicators are your friend. For Hades' sake, use them!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Closed.
    Take it to the Ranting and Raving forum if you wish. It'd be more at home there than here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement