Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky Clutch Pedal (It's driving me nuts).

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this.

I thought I'd ask before I started using the WD40 wonder spray.

By the way there's no mouse trapped behind the pedal and I'm nearly deaf from turning up the radio to the last to drown out the squeaks.

Oh yah my car is a 2001 Seat Leon (no slagging please).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It could be your shoe making the sound on the rubber, remove it and see then, otherwise it might be the return spring or the pivot for the pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Could be ur pedal box is broke - defo a big issue in the Ibiza of same vintage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Check for broken pedal box or rubbing, have found a spray called
    "White grease" better then WD40 for this type of job.
    Thats if you spray the WD40 and the squeak comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Pedal box eh...

Is it a serious thing if the pedal box is broken i.e. should I stop driving the car?

The car drives fine at the moment and I dont seem to be having any other problems with the clutch other than the squeaks :mad:

I'll try the WD40 first and if that doesnt work I'll try the "White Grease".

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement