Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Archive free until Dec13th

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/mechanicalturk/2009/12/01/read-any-copy-of-the-irish-times-from-the-past-150-years-for-free/

Read any copy of The Irish Times from the past 150 years for free
    December 1, 2009 @ 2:45 pm | by Hugh Linehan
    We’re coming towards the end of celebrating our 150th birthday, and for the second time this year we’ve freed up our archive. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out before, please do. It’s an amazing resource where you can find out all sorts of arcane stuff about your local history, the social history of the country, or indeed (my favourite) dark family secrets.

The archive is free to all here until the end of December 13th.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Simarillion

Is it just me or is it not working very well? It either doesn't show any results or asks for a subscription??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Is it just me or is it not working very well? It either doesn't show any results or asks for a subscription??

put a comment on his blog, he's the online editor

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I got it to work ok there now. It just depends on 'keyword' search you enter, I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Shambles :mad: No matter what I put in, it always leads to money talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

are you clicking on the results ? or opening them in a new window ?
    i found if you try to open a result in a new window you get asked to subs

thanks OP !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Thanks for the tip, but am giving up...

Advertisement