Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten Yard Torrents

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Can anybody explain to me how it works? I haven't a clue how to download things from it. Trying to get the tuck rule game to watch it again but as i said i dont have the slightest idea how to do it.

Do i need to download something like Bit Torrent? And whats all this seeding and leeching stuff?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You need an application like uTorrent/BitTorrent to download torrents. Go to download.com and search for it, download it and install it.

Then go to the torrent site, pick the file you want to download, click the link, click open and not save and uTorrent should open up, then click OK. The file should start downloading. (A very simplistic run tru off the top off my head, theres probably a forum on here that could give up a better step by step guide)

Torrents are sharing of files accross different users of the internet. A seed is a person who has a full copy of the file. The more seeds you have the quicker you will download the file.

A lech is somebody who is downloading off you.

Downloading of torrents is completely legal just as long as the material you download isn't copyright protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »
    You need an application like uTorrent/BitTorrent to download torrents. Go to download.com and search for it, download it and install it.

Then go to the torrent site, pick the file you want to download, click the link, click open and not save and uTorrent should open up, then click OK. The file should start downloading. (A very simplistic run tru off the top off my head, theres probably a forum on here that could give up a better step by step guide)

Torrents are sharing of files accross different users of the internet. A seed is a person who has a full copy of the file. The more seeds you have the quicker you will download the file.

A lech is somebody who is downloading off you.

Downloading of torrents is completely legal just as long as the material you download isn't copyright protected.

Leech's are people who are not seeding or uploading back.

Seeds are those who are. The more seeds the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I've started using TYT a bit. This week alone I downlaoded Cardinals @ Titans, Steelers @ Ravens :( and Pats @ Saints :p

The only thing to watch is that you have to have a ratio of .300 or above once you have downlaoded 20 gigs or they ban you. The ratio is basically the amount that you have downlaoded v the amount that you have uploaded.

TYT seem to be the fastest for getting games up but I think torrents are a bit last year. I know a couple of rapidshare places that do NFL games but usually not as fast as TYT so I usually use that. It's great if you can stay away from the NFL results and watch the games on your time schedule. TYT also usually has NFL Gameday, Inside the NFL and other support programming too.

Advertisement