Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra DC5 owners clubs

Options
  • 01-12-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

So after a Long wait i got the s2000,, didn't have it a month when this lad knocked at the door and told me he wanted to buy it and if i would sell it. Sold it after a long think about it and made a profit of 3 grand.

Anyway couldn't find another nice s2000 so i went with the teg dc5,, great car. Just wondering if anyone knows of a dc5 owners club??

This is the new motor
    97723.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

www.itr-dc5.com !

Nice car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bryn wrote: »
    www.itr-dc5.com !

Nice car :D

argh got there just before me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

draffodx wrote: »
    argh got there just before me

That's cos my teg has more torque :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

coolkidd wrote: »
    Anyway couldn't find another nice s2000 so i went with the teg dc5,, great car. Just wondering if anyone knows of a dc5 owners club??

Any mod's planned?

Also sign up for dtdirl.com plenty of Teg owners there too..

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Get yourself over to Honda-Haven. Over 1000members, all genuine Honda enthusiasts. Loads of Qualified mechanics to offer advice.

http://www.honda-haven.com tell 'em waterford lad sent you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

There's also http://www.type-r-owners.co.uk/
    The group buy section on there is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Now the most important question of all, whats betterm the S2000 or the DC5???

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Two totally different cars !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Two totally different cars !
    Yeah but i'd say when the time comes to get rid of my DC2, they'll be top contenders.

Now, whats better?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Yeah but i'd say when the time comes to get rid of my DC2, they'll be top contenders.

Now, whats better?!

I'd go for a s2000 for an all out driving experience if I could afford a later less twitchy model but a DC5 would be a more realistic everyday car, I've only ever been a passenger in an S2000 though so my opinion wouldn't be as valid as the OP's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭coolkidd

Ye its the cleanest dc5's i found, i tested 7 of them and the recaro's were i biggest problem with them, VERY hard to find a decent set of them.

s2000 or dc5,, very hard to decide between them. They are 2 totally different cars.

The s2000 is a lovely car but very tight fit inside, and also doesn't offer much while you are not in V-tec. The interior did grow on me and i must say i do miss it. Some people also think of you as a poser in this car, as i found out.

The dc5 is also a lovely car to look at with treble the space of the s2000, and always has the bit of power no matter what gear your in (this is due to the new IV-tec engine, 3 stage vtec). I find comfort wise the s2000 wins. In the dc5 you are classed as a boy racer to everyone who doesn't take a interest in cars.

So if I had the cash again, I would stick with the dc5 purely because its more fun to drive, but i will always miss the s2000 interior.

Advertisement