Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many of you are in a car club

Options
  • 01-12-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

How many of you are in a car club, not counting boards.ie's motor meets/motors offline. There's a poll too! By club, I mean one you actually pay to be a member of, as opposed to an online variety.

Are you in a car club? 42 votes

Yes
    0%
    Yes, more than one
    38%
    unkelmumblin deaf rostimpsonDadesmik_da_manbad2daboneOwenBosch555CurranB00MSTICKgofaster_s13mountainJimmyCrackCorn!HAM1Muckieaujopimur 16 votes
    No
    9%
    Rovicorktina2qk4uPanhardPL 4 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    52%
    Mossy MonkHal1Eselenda1BlackWizardCrowdedHousespartacus93bikoT-MaxxTipsy MacBertyCaptain Slow IRLTropheusdmigsyO7PatSK1979NewApproachEPMBlack_KnightCharlieCroker 22 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yes, more than one
    The Porsche 924 Owners Club! :D

Clubs are invaluable for parts and advice if you drive something old/unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What does being in a "club" mean though? Just being on another forum or actually signed up on a physical register somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yes, more than one
    Matt Simis wrote: »
    What does being in a "club" mean though? Just being on another forum or actually signed up on a physical register somewhere?

Clarified what I'm asking in the first post.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yes, more than one
    What about an online one which you pay for?

Yes, more than one
    If it has real world meetings and events, then it counts. If it's just an online forum you pay to be a member of, it's not really what I meant - a club where you can go on runs, get newsletters, have parts meets, etc. But use your own interpretation - this is just for fun, it's not like I'm basing a thesis on it or anything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Yes, more than one
    In the www.isdc.ie club myself, find it very handy. Lads are dead sound and are always willing to help. Cuz you never know when you'll need
    a hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes, more than one
    I am indeed!

But only because it saves me money on my insurance :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

No
    yeah Im in one...OK so its online but we also do shows and have meets...free membership unless you want to make a donation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If it has real world meetings and events, then it counts.
    Does it count if it has meets but is free?

Yes, more than one
    JHMEG wrote: »
    Does it count if it has meets but is free?

If you think it does, then it does :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you think it does, then it does :)

Jeez, it's your feckin thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Does a member of a motor club count, as in a club that organises motorsport events?

Advertisement