Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wipers for Laguna Estate - Help

Options
  • 01-12-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I need a full set of wipers for my Laguna estate - I have needed them for a while but was unable to source, and with the weather the way it is I now really need them.

I have tried DA Autostore - their delivery from three weeks ago still hasn't arrived and no word on when it is due

Fast fit - Lombard Street - no one there can fit Renault wipers
    Fast fit - special order for drivers side, could take 2 weeks

Halfords -bad experience previously, took 3/4 hour to fit

Sandyford Renault - EUR 70 + VAT. No way!!! :eek:

Anyone know of anywhere else southside or city that may have these - the issue seems to be with the drivers blade which is quite long. I need by Friday!

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Can you not just replace the rubber part?

I took one look at the price of a new set of Passat blades/holders last month and bought generic rubber bits to replace the ones in the setup.

Can be a bit fiddly, but if you're into saving a few quid and feeling good about yourself afterwards go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it a Laguna 1 , 2 or 3?

Cant see what the big issue is with places not haveing blades, I've never had issues sourcing blades for any of my Renaults (Including 2 Safranes that most peopel never heard of when you ask for parts).

As for fast fit not being able to fit Renault Blades, are they a bit special in that garage? They fit the same way to most other cars.

Advertisement