Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Average quote

Options
  • 01-12-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the average quote would be on some work i need done on my car, first off my car is a 96 honda civic 3 door standard 1.6, i need to get the tracking done and the wheels balanced, timing belt and a new oil filter fitted.

Cheers
    Phishcakes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Assuming your Honda is an EK1 (i.e. non VTEC 1.6 l Civic), timing belt kits come in at around 90-100 euro. labour would be about 2 hrs at less than 100 and an oil and filter change shouldnt come to more than 60 euro (thats using a good quality 10W40 and a new Hampf oil filter, highly recommeded.
    Tracking prices vary. The place I used to work at charged 65 plus VAT for 4 wheel alignment using infra-red gauges mounted on all four wheels, i.e. the proper way to get camber/toe aligned for road/track settings front and rear. I wouldn't pay any more than 40 for front wheel only (i.e. just the toe settings), and thats assuming your suspension/tyres etc. are all fine...
    PM me if you're interested in the timing belt/oil change work.
    Oh and the balancing shouldnt be anymore than a tenner per wheel

Advertisement