Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone Alarm - won't uninstall

Options
  • 01-12-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭

trying everything I can think of anyone any came accross this program before, can't get any internet connection to work, fixed, wireless, mobile, all connections are blocked..need to get rid of it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anybody? I've wasted way to much time on this, is there any app that will delete it, appremover won't, invalid dll cert error..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭numbnuts

Anybody? I've wasted way to much time on this, is there any app that will delete it, appremover won't, invalid dll cert error..

Try this its been a long time since I've used ZA ...

Did you use the built-in uninstaller for ZoneAlarm, the TrueVector service was not disabled and removed. This can result in loss of network access. To prevent that service from causing the same problem in the future, follow the steps below.

To disable TrueVector at startup:
    1. Click Start >Control Panel (Windows XP), or Start >Settings >Control Panel (all other versions of Windows).
    2. Open the Services tool as described below:

(Classic View) Double-click Administrative Tools. Then, double-click Services.(Category View) Click Performance and Maintenance. Then, click Administrative Tools and double-click Services.
    d. Double-click on the entry named TrueVector Internet Monitor.
    e.Select Disable from the Startup Type drop-down menu.
    f. Close the Services Control Panel.

To properly uninstall ZoneAlarm:

To correctly uninstall ZoneAlarm, use the Add and Remove Programs control panel. Also, for Windows NT, 2000, and XP, you must first disable the True Vector Service (Steps 1 and 2, below).

1. Click Start, then Run.
    2. Type net stop "TrueVector Internet Monitor" just as it appears in the window below, then press OK.
    3. Click Start >Control Panel (Windows XP), or Start >Settings >Control Panel (all other versions of Windows).
    4. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    5. Click on the entry for ZoneAlarm.
    6. Click Change/Remove to uninstall the program.
    7. Restart your system..

numbnuts...

Advertisement