Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant update avg on vodafone home

Options
  • 01-12-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Having awful problems updating AVG both automatic and manual today on vodafone home connection. Is it just me or is it a general problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

snaps wrote: »
    Having awful problems updating AVG both automatic and manual today on vodafone home connection. Is it just me or is it a general problem?
    Happens sometimes. Create a new folder on your desktop called AVG and save all of these files to it from this link:

http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download-update
    * Updates

OS File Description Date Size
    os: w Windows: 9.0.709 All necessary modules November 18, 2009 62.7 MB
    os: w Link Scanner DB: 8.5.240 Link Scanner DB full December 1, 2009 1.1 MB
    os: w Windows: 9.0.45 Additional module: ifw. November 27, 2009 534.1 kB
    os: w Windows: 9.0.4 Additional module: ichjw. July 13, 2009 110.8 kB
    os: w Windows: 9.0.251 Additional module: idat. November 19, 2009 1.9 MB
    avi AVI: 270.14.88 Added detection of new variants of trojans Generic15.BYCJ, PSW.Banker5.AJZM, Dropper.Generic.BHHS, Agent2.ABIE, Generic2_c.ANM, BackDoor.Generic12.MJP. November 30, 2009 6.3 MB
    avi IAVI: / 2538 Added detection of new variants of trojans Generic15.BYCJ, PSW.Banker5.AJZM, Dropper.Generic.BHHS, Agent2.ABIE, Generic2_c.ANM, BackDoor.Generic12.MJP. December 1, 2009 44.1 MB

Then open up AVG > Tools > Update from Directory > Select AVG on your Desktop > OK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

this is what im saying i cant download the manual updates either? Ill click on the update and nothing happens, apart from the egg timer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

snaps wrote: »
    this is what im saying i cant download the manual updates either? Ill click on the update and nothing happens, apart from the egg timer.
    Have you tried reboot your system?

Is this Windows XP or Vista?

Have you closed off any other programs and tried again?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG (short procedure doing this).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Was having problems as well with other web pages. Ive rebooted my router now and all is well! Strange ive never had to reboot the router before to cure these problems.

Advertisement