Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF Finale LIVE?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Is this weeks TUF finale being shown live?

I notice it's not listed on ESPN or Setanta Ireland. Also, ESPN have been advertising UFC 107 during UFC programming this week, nothing about the TUF finale.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would be surprised if ESPN do show it. They haven't shown any of the season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tomagetti

Its on setanta sports 1 on sunday morning 2-5am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

tomagetti wrote: »
    Its on setanta sports 1 on sunday morning 2-5am

Is this definite? There's a lengthy discussion on this already here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055749718

And the UK definitely aren't getting it on time apparently...

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/wrestling-wwe-ufc-mma/2009/12/the-ultimate-fighter-10-finale.html

Do you have a link or source to confirm that Setanta are showing it live?

EDIT,
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

This has it listed, but it has it for 2am on Saturday morning, not Sunday morning. At least it's listed though, there is a glimmer of hope. Although even if they do show it live, it will be before the semi finals are shown.

Also, TUF finales are normally a 2 hour show aren't they? Not 3?

I dont have any links to give you but i have spoken to somebody i know that works there and they have confirmed to me that its on then. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

I dont have any links to give you but i have spoken to somebody i know that works there and they have confirmed to me that its on then. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

That's good enough for me.

But do pass on to your mate that it's a bit dumb that they are broadcasting the final of the series before the last 2 quarter finals and the 2 semi finals...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 xX Batman Xx

Just watch it on the net ?

I already said that it was stupid idea but they are gonna check tomorrow to see if they are showing the final episodes on sat night before its broadcast.

the last 2 episodes are to be shown in the run up to the live finale. They start at midnight on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

nothing on espn website, according to them they have live college football on at that time(yippie :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Its a fookin joke the way its beeing handled, setantas website has it on live.. Also says an episode is on sunday night at normal time.. Who makes these decisions?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=29668

The Ultimate Fighting Championship can confirm that the finale of the Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights will air live this weekend in the UK on ESPN at 2am, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The finals of the tenth TUF season hit The Pearl at The Palms on Saturday. One of the two heavyweight finalists will be crowned the "Ultimate Fighter"and win a six-figure UFC contract.

Plus, in the evening's main event former TUF stand out Matt 'The Hammer' Hamill throws down with rising light heavyweight star Jon 'Bones' Jones. The live event will also feature the first, offical and live UFC debut of urban fighting legend Kimbo Slice.

It will be a TUF night for UK fans, as the action gets underway on the FIVE USA channel at 11pm, Saturday, with the final two episodes of literally the biggest season in Ultimate Fighter history.

The Finale will also air on FIVE USA on December 10th at 10:45pm.

Full TUF schedule
    Saturday night thru Sunday AM
    FIVE USA - 11pm - final two episodes of TUF back to back ESPN - 2am – LIVE
    coverage of the TUF Finale from Las Vegas

Thursday December 10
    FIVE USA - 10:45pm - TUF Finale

well on uk.ufc so must be true.....just still want confirmation from the actual tv station. May have to re-think my plans for Saturday again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That's a surprise considering they haven't shown any of it so far.

Well to cut a long story short, it looks like we'll get everything and in the right order. TUF episodes on Saturday from midnight and the finale live, wither on Setanta 1 or ESPN.

But the fact that ESPN seem to have been roped in at the last minute is more to do with the fact that Five-USA are still not showing it live. This seems to have been pretty short sighted by the UFC. this ESPN showing, (as far as I can see anyway) has come about because of the uproar by fans here and in the UK.

Please Zuffa, take note of this next time you strike a deal with a broadcaster, and avoid the late panic?

the last 2 episodes are to be shown in the run up to the live finale. They start at midnight on sat

Thanks again for this info. Do you know if the episodes are on Sh'tanta Ireland or Sh'tanta 1?

Bit bloody ridiculous that we have to get our info from a mate's mate instead of from the UFC. They have been quick to announce their last minute saving of the event for UK fans by putting the event live on ESPN but balls to the Irish who need to know when they can watch the episodes.

From what I was told the live finale is on Setanta sports 1 and that the TUF final shows are going to be on before it. So i presume it will be SS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

From Marshall Zelaznik's Facebook page.
    Okay guys, the the Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale will be LIVE on ESPN at 2pm in early hours of Sunday... big TUF night starting on FIVE USA with last two esp from 11pm, Saturday, then the finale... Finale also replayed on FIVE USA next Thursday at 10:45pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Does anyone know who will be in Kimbo's corner for his fight? Based on this http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10146&zoneid=2 it doesn't sound as if relations with ATT are great so probably not that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

i'm really looking forward to the kimbo/alexander fight. its a decent card when you add Jones v hamill plus the heaveyweight final

Advertisement