Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Please. House for sale not finished, whats needed like certs etc

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

House for sale not finished, whats needed like certs etcHi there, I am new to this, but could really do with some advice. I looked at a new built house in a new housing estate which has just been abandoned (well thats what it seems to be). The auctioneer was talking about electrics not complete and no cert etc and he just lost me. We are interested in buying the house at the right price with all the work to be finished by ourselves, but what the story with certs of compl etc and what would we need to have to buy the house or should I say complete the sale. The electric are nearly done, but I was givin the impression that we would have to get the same electrian back to sign the house off. I hope I am getting my question across right. Any help will be appricated. Is the any one out there after going through the same.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Id be inclined to leave all this to your solicitor. He/she wont allow you to buy the property without the proper certification. He/she will need to check if its registered with Homebond, get certs from the sparky, check to see if the developer/vendor had an engineer/architect supervising the works etc. and then look for a cert of completion and compliance with planning & building regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I would also strongly advise that you consult you solicitor. It may also be worthwhile to get an independent engineer to give it a look over.

If you are going to require mortgage finance for this project I would be very surprised a bank would lend you money without everything being checked, authorised and approved. It's hard enough to get money out of them for a standard build.

Advertisement