Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung not offering W7 upgrade to irish users?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭

Bought a Samsung laptop in september, was told i could get my free windows 7 upgrade off samsung in November, yet i just checked out the site and there's "Ireland" option. Only the UK.. Went ahead anyway, got to the shipping information and i can't change the Country from the UK.

Does anoyne know if Samsung Ireland are doing their own promotion or have we just been forgotten about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you where told at purchase you could get a free upgrade they can't take it back now, have you contacted the people you bought the laptop off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Laptop's direct? The thought makes me shudder, but i'll give it a shot. However the impression i got when i bought it was that i would get my W7 off Samsung directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

unless you have the upgrade in writing i wouldn't hold your breath.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

or check with samsung send them an email

see if the system will accept IRE / IRL / ROI as postcode or EIRE

only if all else fails use BT1 1AA as it may not arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Did anyone get their free upgrade? I bought my laptop from Argos and I questioned if it would be available in Ireland and they said it would. I even have all the documentation. But when I try to fill out the form online, the closest address is Britain. I hope I won't have to go and complain to Argos.

Edit: I just went to samsung Ireland's website and their advertising the promo with no Irish address either. Going to email them.

• Advertisement

KenH wrote: »
    Did anyone get their free upgrade? I bought my laptop from Argos and I questioned if it would be available in Ireland and they said it would. I even have all the documentation. But when I try to fill out the form online, the closest address is Britain. I hope I won't have to go and complain to Argos.

Edit: I just went to samsung Ireland's website and their advertising the promo with no Irish address either. Going to email them.

Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Same story here. Bought a laptop in Argos in September for the GF.

I remember checking their site back in October and putting in the service tag. I think I recall saying the laptop was eligible but that the upgrade wouldn't be available until December sometime.

The website still only has the UK.

If anyone finds a way around this, please let us know.

I rang Samsung Ireland and they said that it can be done. He told me to contact the email at the bottom of this page:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/promotion/win7/index.html

Apparently they'll work it so it can be send to Ireland. Only did it today, but I'll let you know what happens.

Just emailed them, cheers :D

I rang Samsung Ireland and they said that it can be done.

Well that's a bit of good news anyway. Cheers. i'll drop them an e-mail now.

Edit: Bah. What's the e-mail address? Their e-mail link isn't working for me.

• Advertisement

I was mistaken in the email link. Here's a reply I just got:

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties confirming your order, please follow the below instructions.

First, please access http://www.samsung.com/uk/promotion/win7/index.html.

Once that you are in the Samsung Windows 7 Upgrade Program webpage, please scroll down and click "Order". You will beredirected to a third party website. Please click the option "Things you should know before starting...FAQ", located underneath the language box. Another webpage will open with the FAQs and you will need to click on"Contact us" to access the email box. In this email inbox please directyour enquiry with your model,serial number and confirming you wish it to be shipped to Ireland it will be answered at the earliest opportunity.

Got that myself, slightly different wording but about the same! I followed the procedure and i was told they'd get back to me in 10 working days.

I followed the instructions and the message box appeared saying that I would hear back in 10 days. When I click okay on this message box I'm getting an SQL server query error message. Does this mean that my message hasn't been sent?

Anyone hear anything back yet?

I've been 13 days now... but seeing as it was xmas and what not i'm givng them a few extra days :P

And when you submitted your e-mail did the webpage reload work for you? I'm afraid my e-mail hasn't even been submitted at this stage.

It didn't the first time, so i sent it again and it did.

Well, mine has only been 8 days. Going to give it another few days. I did get a confirmation email from them since then though.

Cheers. I've tried a few times with different browsers and in work and at home today with no joy.

But the mail still might have sent anyway, if the pop-up message is anything to go by.

I've saved a draft of my message anyway so I can keep trying, so it'll look like I'm plaguing the feicers if the mail is actually going through :pac:

Still no contact. I'm going to contact Samsung Ireland again.

Still no contact. I'm going to contact Samsung Ireland again.

Neither have i... Let us know how ya get on!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't expect to hear anything back before you since I didn't mail them till January.

They've added Ireland in the list of countries!

Sweet :D

I was getting worried for a while there.

They've added Ireland in the list of countries!

Sweet :D Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Do you get charged a fee for shipping? If so, how much?

17 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

17 euro.

Costs €29.99 from HP

Advertisement