Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I recenetly bought a new car. The tax has been expired on it since Sept 2009.
    I am aware I cannot tax this car until its registered in my name. However i need this car to collect family from the airport this weekend.
    Should i happen to be stopped by a member of the gardai can i explain the situation or would I be fined

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Keep the receipt or proff of purchase that has the date you bought it with you in the car and if you get stopped then produce it and explain

The guards are reasonable and understand that you cannot tax it until the paperwork goes through, you mght get a gruff one who tells you to get it sorted but there shouldn't be a fine

Advertisement