Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine warning light 0n 07 ford focus

Options
  • 01-12-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Started the car this morning and this light came on remaind on, until i turned the car off and on about a half an hour into the journey, does anyone know what the problem maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

A diagnostic check would be your best bet, your O2 sensor might
    need changing, how does the car drive with light on, any different
    than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Second that on getting diagnostics check done.

Is the car more sluggish than normal

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Yea it seems a little sluggish alright a little spluttery, how much would a diagnostics check set me back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Again, it depends on the problem...sounds like a misfire, but couldnt tell unless plugged into diagnostics machine. Coil packs are a typical failure on the 16V Zetec engine, (petrol). is it petrol or diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

It is the 1.4 petrol lx model, anyone know where in carlow i could get it checked? Should i try and avoid driving it until then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement