Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Nite radio show where people put on voices

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to remember a radio show that used to air after either the FM104 Talkshow or Chris Barry (not sure which). It was on late at around 1-2am and featured people who would ring in with characters they'd make up. A few famous ones were a simpleton called Tony and a menacing dude from Cork who once kidnapped him. The best characters were eventually even brought into the studio. I also vaguely remember an old biddy character who drank sherry. Ring any bells?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

scop wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember a radio show that used to air after either the FM104 Talkshow or Chris Barry (not sure which). It was on late at around 1-2am and featured people who would ring in with characters they'd make up. A few famous ones were a simpleton called Tony and a menacing dude from Cork who once kidnapped him. The best characters were eventually even brought into the studio. I also vaguely remember an old biddy character who drank sherry. Ring any bells?

It was on FM104 and it was presented by Greg Merriman, I think it was called "The Overnighter"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I rememebr that! I'm pretty sure two of my mates used to ring in a good bit.... I think it got a little to weird in the end and that guy left the station. So now were stuck with Adrian kennedy, that other bloke and enough bad puns and stupid sexual innuendo to put you in a coma. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

One of them was called 'Onkle' and it's where I stole my name from. Full of strange strange people

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

The "open line" presented by greg merryman (spelling?) - great laugh, sad when it ended

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

brilliant show, i think i have some tapes i recorded from years ago

Couple of the characters were great

Barnaby Harmlessly was great, always "takign over the airwaves"
    and also Tony the monkeychild. (voices done by JIM JIM from Strawberry alarm clock, think he's 2fm now)

Donkey from drogheda was one of the songs and here it is...nostalgia i say, nostalgia...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anopd2X99W4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Wow yes I remember

Tony the monkey child (give me back my ballons)
    Little toe his alter ego

God was another

and if i can recall a flower that lived in a flower pot? <<I could be wrong on that

But Tony was a legend !!!!

I LOVED that show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Wow yes I remember

Tony the monkey child (give me back my ballons)
    Little toe his alter ego

God was another

and if i can recall a flower that lived in a flower pot? <<I could be wrong on that

But Tony was a legend !!!!

I LOVED that show :D

the only fitting response to this is
    :D:D:D:D:D:D legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I vaguely remember a character called 'Mary Chocolates'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Thank you all! I was beginning to wonder whether it was real or not. I have an old tape with a bunch of recordings from the show but I have no idea how to get them onto a computer. I've a few songs and some random snippets. Mostly Tony but some other randomers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stemomaas

keep away from my ghostship!:D

Put the lotion in the basket!

"throw threm, in the dodder, in a duvet or a sack!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

I vaguely remember a character called 'Mary Chocolates'

ha ha remember her singing Chef's chocolate salty balls, was a great show alright.

Advertisement