Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secret

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about the whole secret thing. i read the book.

it made reference to angels and stuff.

but i was wondering what peoples here idea was on it . as in is it pure positive thinking or is it another force at work

Has anyone had any luck with the secret and if there is another force at work anyone had luck controlling it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

I personally haven't read it yet, but was told by some of my friends it's a good book to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Hiya,

Yup I have read the secret, I believe in it, however I wouldnt say it has overlly worked for me so far.. but what it says about the positive thinking etc does work...

A friend of mine, lived her life, by the secret and swears it has worked for her, and her life did change dramatically for the better.

Everyone you will get a reply from here on boards, will have a different opinion, my personal opinion is yes, I believe it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

The secret - what a load of trash imo.

Let me tell you "the secret" - if you think positively good things will happen. Imagine reading this sentence over and over again in with slightly different wording and you have just read the secret.

An absoloute load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

xyz1 wrote: »
    The secret - what a load of trash imo.

Let me tell you "the secret" - if you think positively good things will happen. Imagine reading this sentence over and over again in with slightly different wording and you have just read the secret.

An absoloute load of rubbish.

That's negative thinking man, no wonder it didn't work for you. Jedward read the secret, and even with no talent, look what's happened for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kernel wrote: »
    That's negative thinking man, no wonder it didn't work for you. Jedward read the secret, and even with no talent, look what's happened for them.
    no wonder it didn't work for you. Jedward read the secret, and even with no talent,
    work for you. Jedward read the secret,
    Jedward

RageFace.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Yup I read it.

Have to say though I can't really get my head around it, Im usually a negative person so thinking postitive is a biggie for me :P

May give it another read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I read it.

Watch this space.:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Read it several times and i've no complaints,haven't won millions of euro...yet;) but even if all you get from it is the ability to have a more positive outlook on life then it didn't do any harm reading it.did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sure if it makes you think there is better things out there for you and that you could get them whats the harm in that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Martron wrote: »
    Just wondering about the whole secret thing. i read the book.

it made reference to angels and stuff.

but i was wondering what peoples here idea was on it . as in is it pure positive thinking or is it another force at work

Has anyone had any luck with the secret and if there is another force at work anyone had luck controlling it?

For the most part it's all cods wallop.

There is some common sense in it that holds true

very little tho.

The author's of these books prey on the fact that people who look towards these sort of books are very easily led and feed them with tripe.

As someone in another thread stated, think about a free parking space at my job at 9.10am and see how well the secret works ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement