Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

any ideas for a new car?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

im looking to buy a used car in cork..i have 3k to spend + my car to trade in which most garages offer 1k for.. anyone got any ideas for me?? i want somting reliable possibly diesle but not fussy..has to be a nice car also.. cheers lads :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What type of car are you interested in? Saloon, hatchback or coupe? There are too many out there to recommend without a bit more info.

Also it might be worth selling your old car privately, that way you would get a better deal on the newer car as you will have no trade in. What type of car have you at the moment btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mark000

intrested in a saloon...ya i was tinking of putting my own car on carzone its a fiat punto 00 hlx (first car) want somting better now bit more powerful and bigger any recomendations for me? thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ford Focus.

what year focus would i pick up for 4 k? are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

I picked up a ford focus 02 at the start off the year the car hasnt given me many problems, bit thirsty on the fuel but a good reliable car no fuss. I paid 3500 with a 1000 trade in, ya would be looking about 4k now tho if not cheaper plus mine came with alloys and tints i wasnt too keen on it at first but good motor

• Advertisement

i didnt concider a focus but now ye have me thinking...they are a nice car + in my price range..ill have a look around on carzone and see if i spot a nice one thanks lads:P any more ideas? what ye think of a mondeo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mondeo is very chunky to drive depends on what your using it for tho, just avoid astras at all cost cant go wrong with a ford or if you can stretch the budget a bit maybe look at a Passat diesel

ya im very interestd in passats but for my price range its tricky to find a nice one(in good condition) i guess ill havto keep looking

mark000 wrote: »
    i didnt concider a focus but now ye have me thinking...they are a nice car + in my price range..ill have a look around on carzone and see if i spot a nice one thanks lads:P any more ideas? what ye think of a mondeo?

Seriously, don't bother yourself too much with carzone. Get a copy of buy and sell or local trader. Really reliable cars. Rides and handles like a dream.

squod wrote: »
    Seriously, don't bother yourself too much with carzone. Get a copy of buy and sell or local trader. Really reliable cars. Rides and handles like a dream.

do you mean the mondeo or the focus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stick you current car up on the cars for sale section of www.adverts.ie, its the sister site of this forum and it's free.

Ford Focus or Mondeo are a good choice, you will probably get a lot more Mondeo than Focus for €4k as the Mondeo is a bigger car. You would probably buy this for €4k without a trade-in and some hard bargining:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200948196026632

mark000 wrote: »
    do you mean the mondeo or the focus?

Focus.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Stick you current car up on the cars for sale section of www.adverts.ie, its the sister site of this forum and it's free.

Ford Focus or Mondeo are a good choice, you will probably get a lot more Mondeo than Focus for €4k as the Mondeo is a bigger car. You would probably buy this for €4k without a trade-in and some hard bargining:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200948196026632

If that car was a diesel I'd say it maybe worth that kind of dough, but petrol. No.

Advertisement