Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College dropout... reapplying through CAO help

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey all.
    I'm new here so fingers crossed I've managed to find a decent place to ask my question.
    Anyway, I did my leaving cert in '06 and long story short, ended up taking a year out and starting a course in '07. I only ended up completing my first semester and ended up dropping out in my second semester, but where the problem arises is that I never actually officially dropped out. I ended up getting quite sick and just stopped showing up altogether eventually because I'd missed so much.
    I want to reapply through the CAO, and on the form there's a part about entering all relevant information about previous courses you've done, or attempted.
    Basically what I'm stuck on is "If you have withdrawn from a course before completing it, you should enclose a certificate of attendance showing the relevant dates of entry and withdrawal".

Will it be difficult for me to obtain this information now, or how should I go about it out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Contact your college. They should have a record of when you started and when they removed your name from their student lists. If you have your old college number handy that would make things a bit easier for them to locate your records.

Advertisement