Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to save files!

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi I just noticed this today, Im going to save a file in my usual downloads folder and nothing shows up in the folder after. everything saves like it should do (percentage complete, where to save it to etc).

I have tried to search for the files but I can only find a 1kb shortcut at best. And as im using firefox when i go to double click one of the files listed in the downloads window nothing happens (usually it will open the file).

I installed sophos and a while later a file was found called "firefox killer" or something like that. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I fix it? A first I thought it was firefox as my girlfriend was able to send me a file over msn messenger into the "my received files" folder and it worked. But I can save the exe file for IE so I can get it to start setting up and for some reason there is no "open" option as well as the "save" option.

Please help thanks guys.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

In addition to yesterday I downloaded a file today using firefox. The file was showing in the destination folder while the file was being saved as a "part" file. Once the download was complete the file remained there, while firefow did the final stage of scanning for viruses. Once that was complete and the download said it was complete, the file dissapears. The folder properties say the folder is 0 bytes in size, I have used Trend Micro's online "Home Call to scan and it has found no problems.

Any ideas?

Advertisement