Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It Worth Going Back to Mechanical Timer

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Got a Grassin digital timer fitted for central heating sytem recently, its grand except for trying to set my own programmes, what annoys me is that to VIEW what progs I have set I have to keep pressing the select button and it seems to jump from Mon-Fri which I want to check to maybe Fri-Sat or some other range. Its very annoying.

Is it worth my while changing back to a 7 day mechanical timer, or should I stick it out with this yoke. :mad:

createthumb.asp?path=D%3A%5CInetpub%5CLocaluser%5Calertelec01%5Cwww%5Cupload%5Cproducts%5C542grasqe1after%2Ejpg&width=800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i would stay with digital if you want 7-day and the battery backup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Just go into the SET Timer mode and leave the times as they are if you want to check them, I believe that's what the other half of the timer is for if you drop down the flap.

We've one of those at home only it's got the two buttons on it, the second one being hot water I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Finally getting the hang of it folks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Stick with what you have, far more reliable.

Advertisement