Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Careful out there tonight

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭

Just back from a 3 mile round trip, be very careful out there folks, it is veeeery slippy on the roads.

Its -1 here in Louth, even colder further inland i'm sure, the roads are white and the car door and windows were frozen shut.
    I took the traction control off in a car park for a few seconds and the wheels span with the lightest touch of boot.

No sudden braking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

And, Please be carefull of other road users, especially the vulnerable ones.

We need to go slow around roundabouts - we are not doing it to irritate you.

If you get stuck behind me on the corners, please be patient, I will be gone on the next dry straight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Please be careful everyone. You one get one life. One life, one love.

Peace.
    My Respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Please be careful everyone. You one get one life. One life, one love.

Peace.
    My Respect.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If you have to travel check here to see what routes have been treated and the general road conditions. Taking those readings from the nra's website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just back from a 3 mile round trip, be very careful out there folks, it is veeeery slippy on the roads.

Its -1 here in Louth, even colder further inland i'm sure, the roads are white and the car door and windows were frozen shut.
    I took the traction control off in a car park for a few seconds and the wheels span with the lightest touch of boot.

No sudden braking!

+1...

Almost ended up in a ditch earlier going around a corner at around 15-20KPH a few hours ago at Killakee at the foot of Montpelier Hill in South Dublin near the Hell Fire Club woods, didn't even need to hit brakes, car started going sideways on ice. Extremely icy out there tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

-4 in Meath now! Not looking forward to getting up in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

There is frost on the inside of my bedroom window.

It's that bloody cold.

Going to be fun getting the car to start in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Hal1 wrote: »
    If you have to travel check here to see what routes have been treated and the general road conditions. Taking those readings from the nra's website.

That site is saying that the newbridge bypass was treated, it was not as there was an internal dispute in Kildare Co.Co. and none of the salter drivers would answer their phones, there were NO roads treated in Kildare until the following morning:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do you think any gritting will be done on Wednsday night or Thursday morning on account of the public service strike.

If not, Im not going outside my door! I drive for a living.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Back wheel hit a patch of ice yesterday morning and I went round a corner sideways :o Dunno how I kept the bike up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Is there any gritting being done ?

I saw a lad yesterday around 6 have a brown pants moment as he took a corner a bit to quickly in his beemer and fish-tailed down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I saw the gritter out on Sunday night in Dundalk, so at least its being done up this direction.
    They spent 500,000 on flowers in the town, so I reckon then can afford a gritter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They spent 500,000 on flowers in the town, so I reckon then can afford a gritter.

All bought up the North along with their signs to shop in the town. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Just in was fine but give it a few hours.

Advertisement