Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Remote Control For Alarm

Options
  • 30-11-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can help me, I was out today and somehow the remote control for my Car (BMW 316 '98) fell off my key ring. The alarm was set in the car so now when I open the door with the key, the alarm goes off. Is there any way of disconnecting an alarm? In the past, the alarm has been very sensitive so I dont mind disconnecting it. I dont particularly want to drive it to a Garage with the alarm going off continuously! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

On your car keys you will notice a small key. This is the overide key.
    What type of alarm do you have?
    Typically the overide is located on the siren under the bonnet close to the wiring connection which is attached to your firewall. Simply pull back the rubber skirt covering the keyhole and turn it. This switches off the alarm permanently until you put the key in and turn back to where it was.
    Some cars however have it on the kicker panel under the glovebox or sometimes in the glove box but this is rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭WorriedSick

Thanks for the reply, AFAIK there is no small key on my car keys, there was just my normal car key with the BMW logo on it along with the remote control which was seperate to my key, it was rubber with 2 buttons on it. :confused:

Check your spare set of keys. It may be on them.
    It may be a bmw own brand in which case I cannot really help you except to get the handbook out and see if you can over-ride it somehow.
    There's plenty of people here who know more on this than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

apologies for jumping on the thread, but a mate of mine has lost his one & only key fob for his aftermarket car alarm.

Is it possible to get another fob without haveing to replace the complete alarm?

I can't remember the make but I think it starts with a 'S'...I can find out if needed

@lex luther. I'd put money it's a sikura alarm. You're in Cork so I couldn't help you there but same as above. Check for the overide key. If not then I dunno. Prolly have to ring up the alarm company with your vin and serial no. but don't quote me on that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement