Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to quickly get Hub Bearing for Suzuki Swift?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

People,
    A long story short is that my other halfs '06 suzuki swift needs a replacement Hub Bearing ASAP. She got an estimate quote from an independent garage today for the part and they said it would cost about €400 soured independently or about €700-750 through suzuki. This was ex-labour.
    She tried ringing a few breakers yards in Kildare / Laois area today, but had no luck. Has anybody got any suggestions that might come in under the €400 mark for the part, or is this not something to scrimp on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would ask on the forum here: http://www.swiftowners.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I would look in the golden pages under 'Bearing Suppliers' or something like that. For supply only, 400 or 750 is extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

That's a ridiculous price, are you sure its just a bearing? Try your local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure of ins and outs of it all. I recogonised the drooning noise as a bearings issue, but the local mechanic told her the whole rear hub needed changed.
    What's difference in the rear hub compared to bearings in individual wheel? Clueless :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Some vehicles have bearing units that aren't replaceable they are built into the hub.
    The old shape Chrysler Voyager was the same, you had to buy a complete assembly not just a bearing. I recall the cost was similar ~400ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ask another garage for a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Some vehicles have bearing units that aren't replaceable they are built into the hub.
    The old shape Chrysler Voyager was the same, you had to buy a complete assembly not just a bearing. I recall the cost was similar ~400ish.

That makes sense

Same garage just called her to say can sort it now for €160. Sourced the part from one of the suzuki dealers that recently went under....

Advertisement