Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 questions.

Options
  • 30-11-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

howdee,

two questions. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 i bought a 05 2.0D S40 about a month ago.its only since the cold mornings have set in that i've being using the heated rear window. but when i press the button it causes interference on the radio reception. turn off the button again and the radio is fine. its startin to p*ss me off big time. what to do???

2 there's a built in sat nav in the car. i went to dublin last weekend and when i was on the motorway the sat nav showed me as driving through fields. i know i need to update the disc. but how do i do that and will it cost me??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Regarding the radio have a look here and here.
    It seems to be caused by either a bad earth in the windscreen anteanna or a broken trace on the window.

There's some info here relating to the sat nav.

Google is your friend tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

My car has the antenna running up alongside the rear window - when the heated window comes on, it seems to generate interference. Figure it's the same with yours, wiring from the antenna passes by the heated window circuitry.

For the answers to both questions, register and ask here: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Found them very helpful for advice before

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

thanks guys for the links.
    it seems this heated rear window problem is a common occurance.

Advertisement