Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi a4 Squeaky suspension

Options
  • 30-11-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

My 2007 a4 front suspension is extremely squeaky on left front side.this is noticeable while driving.Is this a serious problem or can it be solved with alittle oil or grease?
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi, a bit of googling turned up this. That's guys squeek turned out to be a tie rod end in need of grease. In saying that yours could also be worn, and may need replacing. A mechanic would know from an inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Could be a worn suspension bush. An Audi man should sort it quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    My 2007 a4 front suspension is extremely squeaky on left front side.this is noticeable while driving.Is this a serious problem or can it be solved with alittle oil or grease?
    thanks in advance.

Ha! I had the same problem with mine.
    My mechanic called it the "eight ball joint". It's not a particularly big job to replace and shouldn't be a major issue up to 80,000 miles or so.
    Does it squeak most when you take off from a standing start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ha! I had the same problem with mine.
    My mechanic called it the "eight ball joint". It's not a particularly big job to replace and shouldn't be a major issue up to 80,000 miles or so.
    Does it squeak most when you take off from a standing start?

squeaks most when going slow or as you said standing start.As there is only15000km on clock this seems strange.

Advertisement