Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latvian beer in Cork City

Options
  • 30-11-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy a few bottles of beer as a present for a friend from Latvia fopr her birthday. I've tried a few off licences - galvins and carryout, as well as the Dunnes/Supervalu/Tesco's but found every country except for Latvia represented.

Has anyone bought/knows where to buy a Latvian beer in Cork city please?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I can't think of any Latvian beers which are sold here. Your best bet might be the Eastern European supermarkets. Otherwise, ask in the Abbot's Ale House and/or Bradley's on North Main Street.

Dunnes used to sell aldaris zelta. They don't do it anymore but the abbots ale house might still have it or at least order it in for you. They have a huge selection from eastern europe up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Thanks lads,

Is bradley's the off licence behind Carolls Car park?

Shane

Thanks lads,

Shane

Bradleys is on north main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thanks lads,

Shane

The Abbot's is behind Carroll's Quay car park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Fine Wines used to do Aldaris Zelta too but not anymore. Abbots do a couple of the Aldaris variety for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

The Abbot's is behind Carroll's Quay car park

It would help if I read your original post where you said Bradley's is on North Main street wouldn't it, sorry I wasn't paying attention

Advertisement