Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 Problems Castlebar

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

In the last few months i have been having a problem with tg4. I can recieve the channel perfectly but every five minutes a sky epg pops up on the screen and the channel is put back to tg4 again. It most commonly happens after eight in the evening and can happen every five to ten minutes which makes watching any programme almost impossible. I think my aerial is pointed towards the balla region but i need to check once i get home. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening or can anyone provide information on who to contact about this before the tv makes an appearancde on my lawn via the front window.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

statto25 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

In the last few months i have been having a problem with tg4. I can recieve the channel perfectly but every five minutes a sky epg pops up on the screen and the channel is put back to tg4 again. It most commonly happens after eight in the evening and can happen every five to ten minutes which makes watching any programme almost impossible. I think my aerial is pointed towards the balla region but i need to check once i get home. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening or can anyone provide information on who to contact about this before the tv makes an appearancde on my lawn via the front window.

Cheers

its the the local deflector crowd. no idea who runs it but as i have ntl and dont use a terrestrial aerial. they usually have ads in the paper when it time to collect the yearly sub.

sky wont be best pleased if they found out someone was rebroadcast their signal and then charging money for it but , its not going to last much longer anyway as digital tv is on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

The same thing is happening in Westport.
    I was also wondering why. Thanks irishgeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Nothing to do with any deflector.

TG4 is on channel 23 which is RTE's channel broadcast from Croaghmoyle near Castlebar. I dont watch TG4 much but I have seen the sky epg thing.

Clearly RTE are retransmitting a Sky signal. I have heard that they do this in a number of locations.

You should complain to TG4 or RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Same happens in west Roscommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TELLSTAR

This happens with power out and the said Deflector/Repeter has no standby, if they use the correct Modulators this do not happen,when power returns. Some Deflector operators just use old SKY boxes because they are a cheap way out. over the years i have being asked to Design TV Transmitters but when i give the price for most it is to deer, Hence Most of the Deflector Systems are C**P . With the equipment of to daythe signals would be as clear as RTE / BBC. You only GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Advertisement
Advertisement