Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bent rear wheel hub on axle?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Lets just say i went around a corner abit to fast and got abit of oversteer and the back end hit a curb. It has bent the rear wheel hub in on the axle(could also be damaged). Was wondering how much this would be to get fixed? its a Renault Clio 03 and the closest garage is a renault one from where it is now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Oversteer in a Renault Clio :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

The backend went out from behind me going around the corner it was slippery:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭seamy_orr

A small bit of Black Ice may have helped the oversteer...

Are you absolutely sure you've bent the hub? It's unlikely that you've done this as the rim would more likely buckle first taking most of the impact. Have you had a look at the rum itself? Take off the hubcab and have a look/feel for any buckles on the wheel. Did the impact deflate the tyre afterwards? I'd pick up a second hand rim first, get the wheel balanced and stick that on, I'd almost guarantee this will solve the issue.

The axle will only be bent if you were doing >60 km/hr sideways into the bend. The hub will be designed to shear first. If you're certain the hub is bent then this will need to be replaced, second-hand is you're best bet given the fact it's on the rear axle. Hub will cost around EUR 150 in a decent scrapyard and fitting should cost in and around the same.
    If you need any more help, give us a holler.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Try your spare wheel on first to check the wheel isn't bent and if it is the hub that's bent it shouldn't be any more than €50-€60 from a good scrappy. If your'e near the Red Cow in Dublin try Bobby Kinsellas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Yeah its definetly the hub that is bent i could only have been doing a max of 20 cause it was in a short run in a car park and we all know clios dont accelerate that fast. Going to have a look for some spare parts in a scrap yard thursday and see, need a hub and alloy :(

Advertisement