Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

The baby Jogger is a nice buggy depending on what your looking for. If you plan to do a lot of walking it might not be that suitable as the wheels are not really built for it but if your looking for something that could be easily put in the boot it would suit very well.
    The lie back on them is not the best I've ever seen but quite a nice buggy.
    I'd definitely check out the Neo Nato Reverso very similar and nice colours also. Advantage would be reversible seat unit if thats something you would like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mamb

Hey,

If you're planning to do a loto of walking, have a look at the Joggster range from TFK, they're built for jogging and walking etc.

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

mamb you have two posts on this forum, both pushing a certain brand, if we see any more of this you will find your account site banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would personally distinguish between pram,buggy and stroller.

if you are looknig for a good light weight stroller I would highly recommend the petit zia.

The Petite Zia looks nice for something lightweight although have never seen them in Ireland. Looks like it folds very small. Any ideas where to get it Moonbeam?
    Jane do something very similar called the Futura actually if you look at them both online they look almost identical!! Not sure about price diffenence though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yeh actually quite a good price for it thought it would be more exspensive for some reason. definitely the lie back it would be better than a zapp but the zapp always has that advantage of taking a carseat although personally I never liked using carseats on buggies. Depends what your looking for it to do I suppose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

We ordered the Quinny Zapp in the end, we liked the car system but have not got it yet and are waiting on baby to turn up. We hope to at least get down the country to the relatives and it seems to provide what we need...we did find the whole thing expensive and confusing though.

One of the issues wth the zapp is it does not recline so the 1st 6 months the only option is to bring baby everywhere in the car seat,which of course is only suitable for an hour or so,then when they are older it is still not good for them to be sitting up all the time so they are usually better as a strolller from about 1 or so .
    There is also a car seat for the petit zia if you google for the buggy you can see the car seats and the newer version of the buggy.
    The advantage of both is the fold pretty small and light and you can buy bags to put them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allrounder26

hi
    if its your 1st baby i found prams very good - baby sleeps a lot for 1st few month and in a wide big pram she/he will have enough of space and will be warm if winter baby or nice and comfortable in spring.

i would advice speaking to few already mums and getting second opinions on everything u r thinking of getting

i made many mistakes by compromising or thinking i did or didnt need sth when not even taking main things into conciderations - eg i own 3 buggie now due to now getting one more expensive and better for baby and usable in longer run....

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    One of the issues wth the zapp is it does not recline so the 1st 6 months the only option is to bring baby everywhere in the car seat,which of course is only suitable for an hour or so,then when they are older it is still not good for them to be sitting up all the time so they are usually better as a strolller from about 1 or so .
    There is also a car seat for the petit zia if you google for the buggy you can see the car seats and the newer version of the buggy.
    The advantage of both is the fold pretty small and light and you can buy bags to put them in.
    I admit we are clueless, will the carrycot be ok for baby?

If it has a carry cot it is perfect:)
    I never knew that there was a carry cot for the zapp.
    For the first few months I used the pram and the baba sling.The sling is brilliant and i still use it now if we are only running in somewhere for a few minutes.

For the first few months I used the pram and the baba sling.The sling is brilliant and i still use it now if we are only running in somewhere for a few minutes.
    Thanks, that has reassured me, we just want him safe most importantly but also comfy and we got it color nutraL in case we are allowed another one...these things are so expensive but you want the best you can(t) afford for your child...is my birthday coming up soon and I want any money spent on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Thanks, that has reassured me, we just want him safe most importantly but also comfy and we got it color nutraL in case we are allowed another one...these things are so expensive but you want the best you can(t) afford for your child...is my birthday coming up soon and I want any money spent on him.

We got the Quinny zippy buzz, and love it. Have used car seat and carry cot so far, vety happy with both. I will be moving onto buggy part soon, I really like the fact that it can face toward and away from you.

QUOTE]

Correct Moonbeam there is no carrycot for the Zapp stroller only for the Buzz and the Speedi www.quinny.com

You are really better off with a carrycot in the beginning they recommend baby lie as flat as possible for as long as possible for the first few months.

Sorry, we got the buzz 3, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Hi folks,

We've just adopted an 8 month baby - Nathan - and are wondering what we should get him; pram, buggy or stroller?

Whats the difference anyway? He can sit independently (just about) and likes to crawl backwards!!

Cheers,

Mike N.

Congrats on your new arrival:)

A stroller is usually a light buggy,a pram is for a new born and a buggy is a buggy!

It depends what you want to use it for ..

Do you have a small boot on your car?
    Do you live in the country side/go to the beach a lot/deal with potholes? then you need pneumatic tyres?
    Do you live in the city and want something small and light?

Do make sure that the buggy reclines though,even at 19 months my little girl loves to sleep in the buggy.

There is also a huge price difference between each.

If you go in to mothercare,eurobaby and other shops you can try them out a bit and decide.
    I bought all our baby stuff on-line as it was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Micka! I hope your new arrival is settling in well :)

I have a Maclaren Quest (buggy) & find it very handy. Its a fairly light weight buggy, reclines fairly flat for sleeps but my favourite feature is that it opens/folds with one hand & takes up hardly any space in the boot :)

Sometimes I do think I'd love to get a pram, but lazy wagon that I am I don't do a huge amount of walking so it'd be a pointless expense, especially as we already have the buggy.

So cute that he crawls backwards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

I know I am resurrecting an old thread here but I recently bought a city mini and I have to say it is amazing. I have been buying all sorts of buggies over the last 10 years and this one has shone by far. So light , compact, easy to use anywhere, very roomy for a toddler and the quick fold system is brilliant. Delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Glad to hear that!
    I recently bought the double version of this!
    Babas not due til April so it hasbt gotten a test run yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

It's hard to find a price for them. Do they have reversible seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Mothercare and bella baby in dundrum stock it. I bought one before christmas, haven't used it much yet as the plan is to use it for travelling. I got it from bella baby for 220 Euros. Though the footmuff is separate. And no, the seat is not reversible.

Do you find it good? I want something light and easy to open and close and is all for urban use

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Yes, its light, compact, easy to collpase and store. I've the bugaboo also, but its more bulky as its in 2 parts. You can also use a car seat on the city mini.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I am just after buying the baby jogger city mini stroller about an hour ago. And I'm only reading this now :) I was sold the minute the guy in the shop collapsed it one-handed. We live in an apartment and I wanted one that is compact but not flimsy.

We got the maxi-cosi car seat with the isofix base and the car seat fits onto the buggy so we can lift baby out of the car in the car seat and clip straight into the buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

I bought the city mini jogger for my second one, after seeing the magic folding trick in Bella Baby. I LOVE this stroller, it's extremely easy to push, and I can confirm that it is possible to take the baby out, hold her in one hand, and fold the buggy and put it in the boot with the other. Also, I love that the hood comes down far enough to actually shade and shelter the baby. It's extremely easy to recline.

BUT:

It's not lightweight, not at all. Lifting it into the boot is not easy. I had a maclaren umbrella buggy for baby no. 1, and although it was a pain to push, and I had to keep buying replacement hoods for it, it was light enough to take on holiday, and it fit really well in my boot. Honestly though, I wouldn't buy a maclaren again after that one.

ALSO, it takes up a LOT of space in the boot. My boot is not that small, and I have trouble fitting a big weekly grocery shop in the boot when the buggy is there.

The third problem I have had is that the basket underneath is actually really impractical. For example, I can't actually manage to put the baby's changing bag in, because there isn't enough of a gap between the basket and the bottom of the buggy. And you can't hang it off the handlebar when the back is reclined.

I haven't tried it on rough terrain yet, just semi rough, and i can confirm that on semi rough terrain it works well.

All that said, I'm glad I bought it, but not for practical reasons :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ah, I never thought to lift it in the shop - wouldnt be allowed anyway as I had a very protective daddy-to-be with me.

We have a big boot in one car so I will have to use that and let him take my banger to work. Shame that. :D

The changing bag I'm getting is this one: http://www.iltutto.co.uk/shop/item/ava-nappy-bag

as a gift from siblings chipping in for me, which is amazingly posh! So its gonna double up as a handbag anyway, and I dont think I'd be hanging it off the buggy anyway.

Neyite wrote: »
    I am just after buying the baby jogger city mini stroller about an hour ago. And I'm only reading this now :) I was sold the minute the guy in the shop collapsed it one-handed. We live in an apartment and I wanted one that is compact but not flimsy.

We got the maxi-cosi car seat with the isofix base and the car seat fits onto the buggy so we can lift baby out of the car in the car seat and clip straight into the buggy.

Do you mind me asking how much it worked out at? There are no prices online for these things... My parents want to buy it but I dont want them to have to pay out a fortune.

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking how much it worked out at? There are no prices online for these things... My parents want to buy it but I dont want them to have to pay out a fortune.

Sure :)

Buggy 259
    maxi cosi car seat 149
    isofix base 129
    buggy adaptors for maxi cosi car seat 36
    Rain cover 25

Now, I *think* the car seat can be fitted without the isofix base, via seat belts, but I wanted to lift it in and out with a click, so was happy to pay for the base. Or if you could get the buggy second hand and just get the car seat new it would be affordable too.

Advertisement