Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

private selling

Options
  • 30-11-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at shifting my car and had a look around the usual spots i.e autotrader and carzone and they all seem to be dealer ads and no private sellers.
    Where've all the private sellers gone to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Also try gumtree, adverts.ie, car enthusiast forums etc..
    Basically anywhere it's free or cheap to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

donedeal.ie is pretty good I believe. I recall reading a thread where a chap advertised a van on donedeal and he got a phenominal response and had it sold in a matter of hours. Guntree.ie and adverts.ie are free and surely worth a go also. I sold a car privately pretty quickly once after advertising it on the notice boards of local supermarkets/ shopping centres. Would tend to steer clear of carzone.ie and autotrader if I was selling privately. Their rates seem to be extortion. I'm sure if you price it well you will shift it. From my own point of view as a buyer I tend to ignore stupid ads where people put the price in as 1 euro or POA. I just assume they are looking for too much in the first place and there are too many cars for sale to get away with such messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

www.cbg.ie and www.carsireland.ie are dedicated car websites and do free ads also.

Advertisement