Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing mirror hit and run

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

My auld reliable 98 Almera was clipped yesterday and a quarter of the plastic mirror housing was taken off. The mirror itself is intact and the electric motor is working fine. It re-adjusted fine.

It was parked on the road at the time and the other driver didn't hang around. I looked on the road but could only find some red plastic that looked like part of a rear light. Maybe it came off the other car. The interesting thing is that the plastic from my mirror was nowhere to be seen.

Is it possible to buy the plastic housing or would I have to replace the whole unit? Also, the NCT is coming up. Any idea if I would fail because of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

Dopey wrote: »
    My auld reliable 98 Almera was clipped yesterday and a quarter of the plastic mirror housing was taken off. The mirror itself is intact and the electric motor is working fine. It re-adjusted fine.

It was parked on the road at the time and the other driver didn't hang around. I looked on the road but could only find some red plastic that looked like part of a rear light. Maybe it came off the other car. The interesting thing is that the plastic from my mirror was nowhere to be seen.

Is it possible to buy the plastic housing or would I have to replace the whole unit? Also, the NCT is coming up. Any idea if I would fail because of it?

you can buy the plastic cover , afaik they're about 30euro but thats not with the colour you have, thats just primed.

otherwise you could be lucky and find one in a scrapyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

patrickc wrote: »
    you can buy the plastic cover , afaik they're about 30euro but thats not with the colour you have, thats just primed.

Any idea where I might be able to get one of these online?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd try www.micksgarage.ie or failing that www.ebay.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

your local motor dealers either

• Advertisement
Advertisement