Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good body shop near D2?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

we had a bit of a problem in a car park at the weekend, the upside is that my drivers side sideskirt needs to be replaced.

I have sourced a replacement that will need to be painted and there are also two very small chips on the body panel that it meets towards the rear of the car that need to be filled in.

I need someone to paint the skirt, remove the old one, fit the new one and fill in the 2 chips.

I would normally use Gerry Maguire in Percy place for any body work, but they quoted me 400 (altho he said that was a rough estimate and that he would check that out) and i think thats about twice too much for one side skirt.

Can anyone recommend a body shop within walking distance of d2 or blackrock ?

Car is a mk2 Audi TT btw if thats of any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi all,

we had a bit of a problem in a car park at the weekend, the upside is that my drivers side sideskirt needs to be replaced.

I have sourced a replacement that will need to be painted and there are also two very small chips on the body panel that it meets towards the rear of the car that need to be filled in.

I need someone to paint the skirt, remove the old one, fit the new one and fill in the 2 chips.

I would normally use Gerry Maguire in Percy place for any body work, but they quoted me 400 (altho he said that was a rough estimate and that he would check that out) and i think thats about twice too much for one side skirt.

Can anyone recommend a body shop within walking distance of d2 or blackrock ?

Car is a mk2 Audi TT btw if thats of any help.

400 sounds reasonable to me to be honest for what your asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

really? to have a single side skirt painted and fitted?

fair enough if so, but there are a lot of people who have had 2 painted and fitted (upgraded ones) for 250/300 that kinda money

Advertisement